Friday 7 March 2014

A Long Overdue Update

In a happy turn of events, I have never been busier than the past two months hence no blog updates for a while.  Here's a quick rundown of everything I've failed to keep you posted about.

1. The League of Volunteers - Issue Five

Probably the most exciting thing I've worked on so far, The League of Volunteers is an Irish comic published by Atomic Diner and the prolific Rob Curley.  I was asked to jump in on issue five to take over for Stephen Byrne who has a lot of enviable art credits to his name and is currently living and working in the States (lucky guy).  I'm not sure when the issue will be out but, except for a few minor edits, it's finished and, written by Neil Sharpson, it's a blinder.  I'll share more information when I get it, but in the meantime here's the provisional cover art.

Artwork subject to change.

2. #PaddyPrints Competition


I've teamed up with six other Irish illustrators to create a competition giving away a set of seven prints (one by each of us) to three lucky winners.  The competition is running over on Facebook and you can find more information on what to do in order win, below:


The other artists involved are a follows (click the links for the Facebook pages and some incredible artwork): Tommie Kelly, Cliodhna Ztoical, Ciaran Lucas, Ben Hennessy, Carole Fannon, and John Cullen.

I'll do a new blogpost in a day or two, showing the actual prints (you can check the most of them by visiting the individual artists' Facebook pages also), but mine is going to be the League of Volunteers piece shown above.

3. Innocent Tales issue 2 Is Out In Digital And Print!

That's right, the latest release from Green Monkey Comics is now available in digital and print from their online shop.  Issue two of Innocent Tales features a story written by Gavin McCumiskey, drawn by myself and coloured by the wickedly talented (yeah, that clip of John Travolta bumbling at the Oscars is really stuck in my head) Eoin Hurrell.  With a cover by the one and only Tommie Kelly and only €2 for a digital download, it's worth checking out!


I'll have another post (hopefully) in a few days but right now, I'm still ridiculously busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment